Who are we?
We’re an on-the-rise and relatively new more-than-just-colleagues team of young perfectionists that build pretty large applications with a lot of passion. Located in the heart of Amsterdam, and equipped with loads of inspiration, we thrive in our focussed but energetic environment. We’re a diverse team, and even though most of us prefer a quiet and no-nonsense working environment, there’s enough room for humor and sharing ideas 😄
To sum it up, this describes us quite well:
- We’re relatively young people, but quite experienced
- We value good communication and individual responsibility
- We ca be stubborn, but also smart. And humble where it counts
- We value correctness, but are flexible when it's important
- We’re passionate
- We accept that we sometimes make mistakes, and learn from them together
- We’re motivated, like some pressure and work hard when the time is right
- We focus on getting things to feel ‘right’ :-)
- We try to stay honest, even about mistakes and the not-so-niceties
- We don’t blame, since we are all here to solve things
- We're pretty straightforward
A little more about our culture:
Something we value is a feeling of responsibility, growth, and true autonomy. Everyone has a talent, and we want to get everyone in a position where that talent can really add value. Because of this, we want to bring the ‘single responsibility’ principle to our culture: you’re at the centre when it comes to what you deliver within the team. This does mean that everyone is focussed on really delivering good work, while truly allowing mistakes to be made (by yourself and others), and taking absolute responsibility to handle them or prevent them.
We're learning things every day, too. We have study nights with dinner from time to time, to help each other in the process and reserve time for learning. We try to assist each other a lot, but also newcomers. It's one of the reasons we're organizing Django Girls Amsterdam for the second time now!