Who are we?
We’re an on-the-rise and relatively new more-than-just-colleagues team of young perfectionists that build pretty large applications with a lot of passion. Located in the heart of Amsterdam, and equipped with loads of inspiration, we thrive in our focussed but energetic environment. We’re a diverse team, and even though most of us prefer a quiet and very no-nonsense working environment, there’s still enough room for humor and sharing ideas!
To act on the ‘No nonsense’ value we live by, this is who we really are:
- We’re young, but quite experienced
- We’re stubborn and smart, but humble where it counts
- We value correctness, but are flexible when it's important
- We’re very passionate
- We make mistakes, and learn from them together
- We’re motivated, like some pressure and work hard when it feels right
- We focus on getting things to feel ‘right’ :-)
- We try to stay honest, even about mistakes and the not-so-niceties
- We don’t blame, we are here to solve things
- We're straightforward
A little more about our culture:
Something thing we value is a feeling of responsibility, growth, and true autonomy. Everyone has a talent that’s really theirs, and we want to get everyone in a position where that talent can really add value. Because of this, we want to bring the ‘single responsibility’ principle to our culture: you’re at the centre when it comes to what you deliver within the team. This does mean that everyone is focussed on really delivering good work, while truly allowing mistakes to be made (by yourself and others), and taking absolute responsibility to handle them or prevent them.
We're learning things every day, too. We have study nights to help each other in the process and reserve time for learning. We try to assist each other a lot, but also newcomers. It's one of the reasons we're organizing Django Girls Amsterdam for the second time now!